There are currently more than 2,000 Albertans between the ages of 18 and 24 receiving assistance, but by the time of the changes, about 500 young adults will be cut off from funding. “I`m totally shocked and I can`t believe this government would, but it seems that it`s more for them to support a $4.7 billion transfer to businesses rather than supporting our most vulnerable young people,” Pancholi said in a Twitter video released on October 31. The woman, who turned 22 in August, argued that the abrupt end of services and support from her SFAA social worker, a person who looked like a parent, was a cruel and unusual punishment. But eight months later, Nanda said, A.C. is still at NorQuest College and got his driver`s license in the summer, with the help of her social worker. At the age of 15, Tourangeau received transitional assistance from the SFAA at the age of 15. Now 20, she has two mothers and fears for her future. The provincial government argued Thursday in Alberta`s highest court that it has no financial obligation to help young adults move from the child intervention system after the age of 22. Your MSFAA does not show you how much you receive federal and regional loans or grants. You will receive a separate assessment notice from your province or territory to inform you of the amount of financial assistance you receive for students. Support and grant agreements are available to young adults between the ages of 18 and 24 who have participated in child intervention services to help them achieve their independence. In most cases, the assistance is financial, but it can also include community support and support to a manager.

The Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA) replaces the old loan contracts of the Confederation and the provinces. Because it is a multi-year contract, it is more efficient and easier to use. For example, you don`t need to sign a new agreement when you apply for student financial assistance (unless you have a two-year study period or you create your residency in another province/region).